Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Dave, I can't do that Dave, I can't do that is offline

Default Gas spring mounting points, aarrrgghhh

Hi all,

This is driving me nuts. I have a vertical door that opens out and
down to horizontal like a dishwasher door. I have been trying to draw
this in CAD and getting nowhere fast.

I have limited room to mount a gas spring and I also have a gas spring
that will fit the available space. I have searched and drawn a blank
on this calculation. I have found plenty to calculate the force.

Can someone please point me at a website or spreadsheet where I can
enter in the open length (11-3/4" centers) the stroke (4") and
opening (90degrees) and have it tell me where to mount the brackets.
The opening angle is not critical so it could be between 80 and 90.
The hinge is on the outside of the 1/2" thick door. Not conventional
but I am working with what I've got. grin

ASCII art of the set up...
+----++-+
| 1" || |
| Sq.|| |