Posted to uk.d-i-y
Mike Mike is offline

Default Planning to build a new large shed.

On Mon, 10 Nov 2008 13:42:19 +0000, Tim S wrote:

BTW - have a look at this:

http://www.planningportal.gov.uk/upl...ouseguide.html

From the planning portal, the section on sheds:

"
Under new regulations that came into effect on 1 October 2008 outbuildings
are considered to be permitted development, not needing planning
permission, subject to the following limits and conditions:

*
No outbuilding forward of the principal elevation fronting a highway.

Good, it's in the back garden

Outbuildings and garages to be single storey with maximum eaves height
of 2.5 metres and maximum overall height of four metres with a dual pitched
roof or three metres for any other roof.

I'm aiming for minimum 2.1m clear height inside so with a few inches
of insulation in the rood I'll be way less than 2.5m

Maximum height 2.5 metres within two metres of a boundary.
*
No verandas, balconies or raised platforms.

It's a shed

No more than half the area of land around the "original house"* would
be covered by additions or other buildings.

No problem there

In National Parks, the Broads, Areas of Outstanding Natural Beauty and
World Heritage Sites the maximum area to be covered by buildings,
enclosures, containers and pools more than 20 metres from house to be
limited to 10 square metres.

None of which apply

On designated land* buildings, enclosures, containers and pools at the
side of properties will require planning permission.

*
Within the curtilage of listed buildings any outbuilding will require
planning permission.

*The term "original house" means the house as it was first built or as it
stood on 1 July 1948 (if it was built before that date). Although you may
not have built an extension to the house, a previous owner may have done
so."

None of which apply

Just concerned that the some overriding building regs legislation will
interfere with my plans on proximity to the boundary.