Posted to uk.d-i-y
peteshew peteshew is offline

Default Integrated bathroom pod

On 11 Nov, 12:56, Bruce wrote:
peteshew wrote:

I have a Georgian listed building that could benefit from a couple of
en-suites. Last time I installed a bathroom in a listed building I was
told by the planning department that I didn't need listed building
consent for installing a toilet and bath into a room, but I did need
LBC to erect stud walls to enclose the new bathroom. It strikes me
that a pod might be considered as plumbing and not alteration.

I do like your sense of humour. *;-)

Have you considered how easy it would be to remove one in response to
an enforcement notice?

Probably easier than tiled stud walls.

Our lot are a nuisance. Full planning required with LBC in a
conservation area. Design and access statement, &c, for a like for
like replacement window :-( But at least they don't charge for the
planning application.