Posted to free.uk.diy.home,alt.home.repair,misc.consumers.frugal-living,uk.d-i-y

Default black mould washing machine door seal

On Nov 10, 9:52*pm, " wrote:
bleach will be the best solution..

xoxo,
aineecumi

neway, my secret to release tension is playing this game a
href=http://www.gamestotal.comhttp://www.gamestotal.com/a * a
href=http://uc.gamestotal.comhttp://uc.gamestotal.com/a a
href=http://gc.gamestotal.comhttp://gc.gamestotal.com/a a
href=http://3700ad.gamestotal.comhttp://3700ad.gamestotal.com/a
a href=http://manga.gamestotal.comhttp://manga.gamestotal.com/a

If you do a google for "front loader smell" you will find lots of
discussion about problems of mold, odor, etc unique to front loaders.
And contrary to what one would think, if you have an odor problem
related to this, isn't easy to solve. I've seen lots of posts from
people that have used bleach, vinegar, hot water, etc. In some
cases, that works. In others it only helps a bit, or not at all.
Lots of people had done everything they could think of, replace door
seals, run hot clean cycle numerous times with bleach, etc and they
still could not get rid of the smell.

From what I can gather from people who seem to know what they are
talking about, one thing that has made it worse now is the elimination
of phosphates in detergent. It also may depend on what the local
water contains, climate, etc. Some of the recommendations culled from
a lot of the people who had success in dealing with mold/odor:

Always leave the door open after use

Use only HE detergent, many said switching to Tide helped

Don't use softener. Apparently softener builds up a waxy residue over
time inside the washer that won't come out and mold grows on.

Run aafresh in it periodically, like once a month. (This is a tablet
designed to run by itself with hot water to clean it)