Posted to uk.d-i-y
terry terry is offline

Default 5-0-5 A panel meter?

On Nov 11, 8:54*am, T i m wrote:
Hi All,

I'm looking for one of those little panel meters to be used for
monitoring the charge / discharge rate on my garage solar lighting
system please [1] (around a tenner would be fine).

Everything seems to be digital these days and whilst I could build a
little monitoring panel showing current (shunt resistors etc) I think
an analogue meter would be more suitable (in an analogue watch or rev
counter sorta way).

Cheers, T i m

[1] The charge controller I'm using has LED's indicating battery
voltage (red, amber green) and solar panel charging or not. I could
put a 0-5A meter on the input side but that wouldn't also show the
battery discharge rate (handy when experimenting with different types
of light).

And btw notice how digital watches were not that popular. Most seem to
have gone back to the tradional round dial face!