Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Hawke[_2_] Hawke[_2_] is offline

Default Well looks like the Dems are showing there true colors now.

'Not Found' now, and judging by the old content (below), I can see
why. He doesn't want his agenda showing before he's inaugurated.

Why not? What difference would it make, before or after? The election is
over. They aren't going to *not* inaugurate him because the NRA is angry.

I think it's more likely that someone quickly realized that now is not the
time to start a war with the NRA. The Dems need all of that goodwill and
support that showed itself in the election, and someone over there pointed
out that they'd just stepped on the third rail. Of all the foolish things
they could do, invoking a gun war now would near the top of the list.

Just guessing, but I don't think we'll see it reappear for a long time.

And
by then, things may have changed.

--
Ed Huntress

Most Democrats have learned their lesson on the gun issue. After Gore lost
the election to Bush and many people credited it to the Democrats' anti gun
position they changed policy. If you noticed in the last two elections the
gun issue was hardly even discussed. That's because the regular Democrats
saw that being too anti gun cost them too many votes. Since then they have
pretty much let the issue drop and only the far, far, left anti gun zealots
still are talking about guns. Guns are no longer the hot issue they once
were.

Hawke