Posted to balt.general,alt.home.repair
Don Klipstein Don Klipstein is offline

Default Screw Won't Budge

In article , metspitzer wrote:
On Mon, 10 Nov 2008 09:49:20 -0800, Smitty Two
wrote:

In article , (Restless)
wrote:

It's a brand new mini grease gun. Need to remove a slot screw to
attach a flexible hose. It won't budge. I don't have access to heat
or a vise. Any solutions? Thanks

Did you try a screwdriver that actually fits the slot? Or some little
bent, chipped, twisted, rusty thing that you inherited from my father?
Once you have the right driver, put an open-end or adjustable wrench on
the handle (or on the shaft if it's square) for increased torque.

If it has a hex head shape use a nut driver.

Watch for the hex head being metric. A 1/4 inch nutdriver will often
merely round the corners of 6 mm hex head screws. Been there done that
repairing TVs.

- Don Klipstein )