Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Paul Hovnanian P.E. Paul Hovnanian P.E. is offline

Default LCD Panel Datasheet

I'm looking for a datasheet (or a description of its interface) for a
Sharp LQ 13X25, used in a Compaq 1810 Presario laptop.

Either the LCD or the LCD drive daughter board are presenting some weird
symptoms.

A few months ago, the LCD would display odd colors if the top was opened
to just the wrong point. Wiggle it and everything reverted to normal.
Just prior to my getting around to popping the thing open, a second
symptom arose. Now the screen displays a split image, with the top 1/3
of the screen displaying about 2/3 of the image and the bottom 2/3
displaying properly. The VGA output is OK, so the common graphics h/w is
still good.

I'm guessed there was a loose address line, probably near the loose data
line that was causing the odd colors. I re-seated the daughter board and
the ribbon cable from there up to the panel (the one that runs through
the hinge). That fixed the colors, but not the line address problems.

If I had an idea about the configuration of the address/data lines
running through the (21 conductor) ribbon, I might be able to find a
loose connection. If its in the daughter board or the logic onboard the
LCD, the laptop is scrap, although if the LCD panel is OK, it might be
worth something to someone looking for a part.

--
Paul Hovnanian
I had a dog that would chase anyone riding a bicycle.