Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Paul Hovnanian P.E. Paul Hovnanian P.E. is offline

Default Repair: Elect Hot water heater?

wilsonkori wrote:

I have a Rheem Elect Hot Water heater that is about 11 years old. The
hot water it puts out is not so hot anymore. I am wanting to replace
the elements and possibly the thermostats too. I have never done this
before. Have any of you? Any tips would be appreciated.

--
wilsonkori

If you go through all the trouble to drain the tank and replace an
element, put in a new sacrificial anode as well. These usually rot away
(as intended) by the time a water heater reaches a decade old.

--
Paul Hovnanian
Your mouse has moved. Windows must be restarted for