Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default need suggestions for a multimeter in the shop...

Leon Fisk wrote:
On Fri, 07 Nov 2008 22:14:25 -0600, "Pete C."
wrote:

snip
Yes, you can't beat a Fluke. However a good Fluke isn't cheap, and the
$3 on sale Harbor Freight DMMs are very handy, and at that price you can
keep one in every vehicle and every toolbox, and keep the good Fluke
somewhere safe.

I'm pretty fond of my old B&K 2810 Digital VOM. It still
works fine and it is over 25 years old. I get a few more
features on the Fluke 87, but I better trust the B&K for
ohming out semiconductors. The B&K also has a full scale 10
ohm range that is nice for those ~.02 ohm type measurements
on some items.

I still use the B&k 820 capacitance meter with the LED display. Each
generation after that lost more and more ranges.