Posted to uk.d-i-y
Frank Erskine Frank Erskine is offline

Default Elfin safety at B&Q

On Mon, 10 Nov 2008 23:01:36 +0000 (GMT), "Dave Liquorice"
wrote:

On 10 Nov 2008 18:15:29 GMT, Andrew Gabriel wrote:

Sounds like someone with mental problems - given that most computers
and printers don't have captive leads.

No, it's quite normal when computer kit is nicked. Maybe not in the case
of a domestic one-off, but when multiples are nicked from an office,
they always just cut through all the cables.

I can see that it's much quicker to cut the cables but cutting through a
live mains cable is "exciting". I guess after the first one the protection
will have tripped but you'll have not done your cutters much good. Two
pairs of cutters or a plug top with all three terminals heavyly bonded
together and a bit of brass for a fuse?

You're probably less likely to leave fingerprints about the place if
you simply snip through the wires with gloved hands than if you start
undoing connectors which might get left behind

--
Frank Erskine