Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Why do 'Cordless' Electric kettles keep breaking down?

On Mon, 10 Nov 2008 18:07:14 GMT, BigWallop wrote:

That's the reason we keep our Blender in the top cupboard. We hate it
when the hippos' get in there at night. Makes a real mess of the
blender come morning.

You ought to see what elephants leave in the breadmaker. B-)

Our current rapid boil cordless kettle is about 3 or 4 years old. Still
fine, the previous one didn't last all that long but we have had a change
of water supply over that period. From hard requiring a descale every
month or so to soft with only minimal scale over seval years.

So I suspect the descaling and/or the cavitation, that is much more
pronounced in a hardwater area, has a bearing on the life of kettles.
Especially modern moulded plastic ones with seals in the base, sight tubes
and/or transparent panels.

--
Cheers
Dave.