Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Henry Kolesnik Henry Kolesnik is offline

Default unkown output impedance measurement?

Dave
I was wrong it's only 10 watts. I know of no reason, perhaps someone
here will tell us. They made tens of thousands of these so it must have
had a need...
"Dave Plowman (News)" wrote in message
In article ,
Henry Kolesnik wrote:
The SP 310X has a pair of 6F6 triode connected driving a pushpull
transformer with output of 15 watts. It was mainly a military Rx BC
794
etc butmine is a civilian model.

I can't see rhyme or reason for such a high power output at that
impedance.

No cathode follower.
Any headphones work fine at 10 ohms.

If 10 ohm headphones work fine I doubt the output is 600 ohms.

--
*Filthy stinking rich -- well, two out of three ain't bad

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.