Posted to uk.d-i-y
George George is offline

Default Why do 'Cordless' Electric kettles keep breaking down?

"John" wrote in message

wrote in message
On Nov 10, 3:29 pm, "GPG" wrote:
I seem to have to keep having to replace them after an astonishingly
short
time. The latest has just packed up after about 15 months (so out of
warranty, I imagine). Is there any future in trying to take them apart,
or
otherwise try to repair them?

GPG

IME descaling tends to make them leak.

NT

Mine must be at least 12 years old - but starting to show signs of a
contact getting warm.

Does everyone switch it off (on the kettle) before removing it from the
base - to avoid arcing? Conversely does everyone have it switched off
before putting it on the base?

Get one that switches itself off,mine is the removable base type but if I
leave the lid off(forget to replace the lid) it keeps on boiling till its
arse is burnt out.