Posted to uk.d-i-y
GPG[_2_] GPG[_2_] is offline

Default Car Radio current while OFF?

GPG wrote:
How much current should a car radio draw while it is turned off (possibly
to retain the settings and stop the code being lost)?

Anything from a few mA to a few hundred, depending on type.

Running a tracker on one car ruined its battery if not used in the
winter..

GPG

Well, I took mine out, several months ago, because I got the impression that
it was discharging the battery - car only did a few hundred miles per year,
plus, as I now realise, the battery was on its last legs anyway. When it
stops raining and I rediscover the code, perhaps I'll try re-installing it.
By the way, the car is nearly 20 years old, and so is the radio; but I've
got a new battery. I cannot recall what the current draw was - some was, no
doubt, drawn by the clock, anyway.

GPG