Posted to uk.d-i-y
[email protected] NOSPAMnet@gmail.com is offline

Default Why do 'Cordless' Electric kettles keep breaking down?

On Mon, 10 Nov 2008 17:03:49 +0000, Rod

My 13 year old Philips cordless kettle is on the way out - dodgy
sprung contacts in the base unit. Had bent them to make better contact
recently (yes, with it unplugged) - didn't last.

Now I'm looking for a real built to last replacement.

I have been toying with the idea of getting an old Morphy Richards K2
from ebay.

Suggestions on really good quality modern kettles?

The one I like, and we have had for three or so years, is the Krups:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Krups-Expert-Control-Kettle-Black/dp/B0002GTOP4/ref=sr_1_10?ie=UTF8&s=home-garden&qid=1226334689&sr=1-10

It is lighter than most (which is vital for partner who has muscle
problems). Works nicely. Is partially sealed from the room so unlikely
for flies to get into it.

You have a problem with flies . I remember having a kettle that had a
mesh filter... in the spout iirc