Posted to uk.d-i-y
Bob Eager Bob Eager is offline

Default Converting normal door to be a sliding door?

On Mon, 10 Nov 2008 14:36:48 UTC, (dmc) wrote:

In article ,
Andy Cap wrote:

How about a bi-fold door ? I have one on the kitchen and one on a small bedroom
and they work well and don't look out of place.

Yes, that would work.

The only bifold doors I have experience of were in a student flat I rented
many years back.

Completely crap plastic things! I'm willing to be corrected if decent ones
exist (although possibly harder to make look similar to the remaining doors
onto the landing I guess...)

We had a similar problem in the kitchen. The full width door was
unacceptable as it wasted a lot of space. The frame was a peculiar size
anyway, so in the end I paid a carpenter (carprentry not being my strong
point) to make us a custom bifold door to our spec., then install it!

http://www.diybanter.com