Posted to uk.d-i-y
Rod Rod is offline

Default Why do 'Cordless' Electric kettles keep breaking down?

GPG wrote:
I seem to have to keep having to replace them after an astonishingly short
time. The latest has just packed up after about 15 months (so out of
warranty, I imagine). Is there any future in trying to take them apart, or
otherwise try to repair them?

GPG

Why is it broken?

I'd hazard a guess that limescale is the single biggest killer of
kettles - rather than cordless or not.

But in answer, I would not try to repair unless it was something like a
damaged lead.

--
Rod

onset.