Posted to uk.d-i-y
BigWallop[_2_] BigWallop[_2_] is offline

Default Why do 'Cordless' Electric kettles keep breaking down?

"GPG" wrote in message
et...
I seem to have to keep having to replace them after an astonishingly short
time. The latest has just packed up after about 15 months (so out of
warranty, I imagine). Is there any future in trying to take them apart,

or
otherwise try to repair them?

GPG

The contacts in the base unit are usually very thin and don't last long.
The one we have now is like a proper lead end set on the base and the kettle
sits quite tightly in it. It's about three years old now, if not a bit
more. Made by Crown, bought from Asda. I'm told Crown was a cheap maker
and their things didn't last two seconds. It's the best cordless kettle
we've had. Go figure.