Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default OT - news.individual.net (Berlin) problems

In article ,
Huge wrote:
Exactly the same problem for me with Pipex just under two years ago -
NIN was taking 15-20 mins to download headers for my subscribed
groups, and a single message could take 5 mins to download. They
ignored the support request, and I ditched them less than two months
later.

Actually, once the traffic shaping cuts in, you can't access any news
server at all. A "telnet news.individual.net 119" hangs indefinitely.

Unfortunately, my Tiscali connection is provided by work. I've been
trying, unsuccessfully, to have the traffic shaping removed for 2 years
now.

Interesting. Only experienced it here a few weeks back. And I'm not one
who only uses it at fixed times of the day or week.

--
*Born free...Taxed to death.

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.