Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Elfin safety at B&Q

In article ,
Mark wrote:
On Mon, 10 Nov 2008 11:11:41 +0000 (GMT), "Dave Plowman (News)"
wrote:

In article ,
Mark wrote:
No long ago I bought a Samsung Fridge.

Bad move. You can't get spares for these if they are more than a few
years old.

I'd say fridges are one of the few things that rarely need spares.

I'd say not. Many fridges use electronic control systems which do go
wrong. My 6 year old Samsung fridge has such a failure and I had to
scrap it because spares were no longer manufactured.

Not possible to repair it?

Or by the time they do few makers would still stock them anyway.

I'm not sure what you meant by this apart to contradict your first
sentence?

I have a near 30 year old fridge still working as new. I'd not expect to
be able to buy spares for it now. Haven't tried, of course. But few even
decent makers carry spares for things over 10 years old.

--
*Pentium wise, pen and paper foolish *

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.