Posted to uk.d-i-y
Rod Rod is offline

Default OT - news.individual.net (Berlin) problems

Mike Tomlinson wrote:
In article , Dave Plowman (News)
writes

My guess is MS are very against any free service for the community such as
Usenet.

I'd agree. They can't even be bothered to properly maintain Hotmail and
Messenger.

Any good alternatives for Messenger? A while ago I tried several things
- all were yucky. Partner uses Adium on her Mac - much nicer although it
connects to MSN...

Actually - the optimum would be something that knows whether it needs to
go outside the building or not! We have neat local message software -
but that is PC-only so has fallen into disuse. 'Twould be so nice to use
one application inside or out (automatically detecting which it needed
to do), on Mac or PC. The *only* fancy feature we want is to be able to
send messages when the other is not connected - and pick them up when
next both are connected.

--
Rod

onset.