Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default In-line dual-pole RCBO for extension leads?

In article
,
wrote:
I do a fair amount of travel abroad, and need to carry (mostly) IT
equipment, some of which is powered by wall-warts - transformers
moulded into UK plugs, so I can't simply swap mains leads. What I'd
like to do is find an in-line RCBO so that I can take an n-way
extension, chop off the plug and attach a Schuko-style plug and and
RCBO. Then I can get rid of my collection of Schuko-to-BS1363 adapters
and assorted mains leads and travel with a standard set of kit that
never needs changing.

The reason I want dual pole is that the polarity of the live and
neutral is not guaranteed with Schuko - indeed, in some double
sockets it is guaranteed they will be different.

Doesn't make a scrap of difference to any of your likely equipment. I
can't think of any appliances where swapping line and neutral would cause
problems with either operation or safety. So just use an RCD fused at an
appropriate level. A Schuko plug in one would be ideal.

--
*I don't know what your problem is, but I'll bet it's hard to pronounce

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.