Posted to alt.home.repair
Ed Pawlowski Ed Pawlowski is offline

Default How do I change a PRV on a Weil McLain boiler

wrote in message
Hi thanks for your reply. A few more newbie questions. 1) Where is
the drain. Unless it's hidden I do not see it. 2) In terms of
purging the system how exactly do you do that? Thanks.

The drain my not be on the boiler but on the piping in the system as it
enters or leaves the loop. Every system is a bit different so look around.
My system has a drain near the floor and a valve on each zone just before
the circulator for the zone.

The heating system will have an air trap and should be self venting. If,
however, you have a lot of air to get rid on, just slightly crack the drain
valve just slightly while the circulator is running and you'll hear it
sputter as air pockets pass by.