Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Harold and Susan Vordos Harold and Susan Vordos is offline

Default OT - God, then and now

"Lew Hartswick" wrote in message
m...
Harold and Susan Vordos wrote:

One of the things I miss the most is the gatherings of the old country
Greeks. As a group, we used to go to Butterfield Canyon, where a lamb
would be cooked on the spit. It was a big affair----with a huge
turnout. All dead now.

Harold

Harold, We have a Greek festival here in Abq every fall.
Been to one a few years ago. Maybe you should plan a trip
down here for one. Be glad to help show you around.
...lew...

Lew,

I hope to get out some when (or if) we ever get finished with this damned
house project.

You may know from reading the Chaski board that I have another friend in
NM----Russ Hanscom. He's been to our place numerous times. We owe him a
visit. I'll be sure to look you up when we head that way. I'd enjoy
shaking your hand.

By the way, having come from SLC Utah, there's a huge Greek population
there-----so many that they have two churches. A big deal in the land of
zion, where everyone is expected to be a mormon.

The Greek Festivals have gone on there as long as I have memory. They, at
first, were restricted to the Greek community, a fund raising affair for the
church. I have the fondest of memories attending them as a young boy,
sitting by the musicians as they played live music for Greek dancing.

My mother was well known for her prowess in the kitchen, and oversaw the
making of all the pastries for the festivals in the later years, until she
lost her health. I'm well familiar with them, and enjoy attending, in
spite of my lack of commitment to the religion.

Thanks, Lew. I cherish your friendship.

Harold