Posted to alt.home.repair
[email protected] poison_1024@yahoo.com is offline

Default How do I change a PRV on a Weil McLain boiler

On Nov 5, 10:05*pm, "Ed Pawlowski" wrote:
wrote in message

I have developed a very small drip. *The expansion tank appears to be
fine and the pressure on the gauge is at an appropriate level. *It
seems these things are not the longest lasting devices. *This is a
WGO-3 model with the PRV at the upper left corner. *Can anyone give me
some pointers on how to replace this?

1) Shut off the unit and water input
2) Reduce the pressure inside the boiler (how can I do this manually?)
3) Unscrew the PRV and replace it (any particular sealant needed or
just regular pipe dope?)
4) Turn on water source and turn unit back on. *(Do I have to purge
any air on this or is that done automatically?)

Thanks for your help.

1 yes
2 open the drain valve
3 pipe dope or Teflon tape
4 purge if you can but minimal water should be lost

Hi thanks for your reply. A few more newbie questions. 1) Where is
the drain. Unless it's hidden I do not see it. 2) In terms of
purging the system how exactly do you do that? Thanks.