Posted to sci.electronics.repair
No Name

Default Wind Speed Problem with Heathkit ID-4001

In article , says...

I am currently looking a Peete Brothers The Weather Picture since it has

I checked out the Peet Brothers web site. Don't care for the indoor
unit. The "additional" display looks nice, but not worth the extra $400

I concur. I have moved on from Peete Brothers. After looking at prices
and the reviews at eHam.com I am now favoring the Davis Vantage Pro2
The only down side that I can see is that the display is so small after
using the ID-4001. I guess it is always about compromises (sigh). The
good news is that I think if I do a little looking around I can find the
Pro2 at a substantial discount. Based on that I think I can buy the
complete station with a second console for less money than the Peete
Brothers unit with the Weather Picture. The result would be a more
reliable unit (based on many eHam reviews) and a display in more than
one location in the same room or in different rooms. Perhaps one in the
living room and one in my den near the computer. Nothing is ever
perfect but that should help soothe not having a super large display.

At least those are my current thoughts. As the say, "Indecision is the
key to flexibility" so until I place the order, I still can consider my
options. I would however like to have it installed before December. I
am not a big fan of any outside work here in northern New England during
the winter months.