Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Karl Townsend Karl Townsend is offline

Default VB6 vs. VB.net

I need to read some voltages into my CNC control. I'm looking at purchase of
this.
http://www.dataq.com/products/startkit/di148.htm

A few years ago I learned enough Visual Basic 6 to be dangerous. I need to
re-learn a visual basic program to figure how to use an activeX to send the
data to my CNC app. under windows XP. May need to go to Vista at some future
time.

I looked at VB.net a while back. I said to myself,"Self, they made this a
lot harder and changed everything." Now, I see VB6 is no longer supported.

OK, it would be easier for me to just use the program I know (a little).
But, I don't want to redo this project because it won't run when the OS is
upgraded, etc.

Should I stay with VB6? Or move up to the latest VB10, I think?

Karl