Posted to alt.home.repair
benick[_2_] benick[_2_] is offline

Default fix wall joint gaps

"DanG" wrote in message
The best solution would be to remove the tape completely. Install an "L"
mold on the joint. Mud the L mold to the drywall, paint, caulk when
finished. I prefer the plastic trims by Trim Tex. Example:
http://www.trim-tex.com/j&lbeads.htm

I agree..That's how the we do it all the time when abutting
concrete,chimmneys fireplaces,wood beams , ect.....But in a pinch caulking
will last a while....

The one with the tear away strip makes it really easy to mud and paint. L
mold is also available in metal beads if desired.

I agree..Tear away L bead is how the we do it all the time when abutting
concrete,chimmneys fireplaces,wood beams , ect.....But in a pinch caulking
will last a while....Good luck.....

--
Keep the whole world singing . . . .

wrote in message
Hi, I have a drywall that butts 90 degrees to a concrete wall inside
the house. Recently the tape joint must have broken and there are
small gaps all along the joints where the 2 walls meet.What is the
best way to fix just gaps? Do we use caulking or putty to fill up the
gaps and then paint over it?

Thanks