Posted to alt.home.repair
DanG DanG is offline

Default fix wall joint gaps

The best solution would be to remove the tape completely. Install
an "L" mold on the joint. Mud the L mold to the drywall, paint,
caulk when finished. I prefer the plastic trims by Trim Tex.
Example:
http://www.trim-tex.com/j&lbeads.htm

The one with the tear away strip makes it really easy to mud and
paint. L mold is also available in metal beads if desired.

--
______________________________
Keep the whole world singing . . . .

wrote in message
Hi, I have a drywall that butts 90 degrees to a concrete wall
inside
the house. Recently the tape joint must have broken and there
are
small gaps all along the joints where the 2 walls meet.What is
the
best way to fix just gaps? Do we use caulking or putty to fill
up the
gaps and then paint over it?

Thanks