Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default Is anyone familiar with the JBL Synthesis pre-amp?

wrote in message
On Nov 9, 11:26 am, "William Sommerwerck"
wrote:

Try shutting off the unit, disconnecting it from the wall outlet, and
letting it sit, "unmolested", for at least 24 hours. There is a slight
chance this will fix the problem.

I have to say, though recently it had become worse, it has done this
ever since I got it a few months ago when it had been siting on a
friend's shelf for some years (though he reported that the last time
he used it, it did work properly so I will try your suggestion).

Hmmm...

Does the unit uses a lithium coin cell for backup? Just wondering.

The fact that it worked before it was put into storage, doesn't prove
anything about whether it would work several years later.