Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Leon Fisk Leon Fisk is offline

Default need suggestions for a multimeter in the shop...

On Sat, 08 Nov 2008 20:58:21 -0600, Ignoramus3975

On 2008-11-09, Pete C. wrote:
I expect you might need to put the meter in your pocket for a few min on
a -10F day to get the display warmed up, but you do on the Fluke as
well. The HF meter does indeed work perfectly fine in 104F, I've tried
it.

I just put my $3.99 multimeter into a freezer. After I put kids to

and my Fluke 79

bed, I will report on how it works. My feeling here is that its
performance depends on how much voltage the cold battery would
provide.

Don't get too carried away (probably too late for this
warning though...) with getting the Fluke cold.

I've got an old Regency hand-held scanner with a cracked LCD
display. It was in my service van when the temperature
outside dipped down to around -20 degrees. It still works,
but the display doesn't look so good.

Might want to take a look at the temperature storage specs
for your meter first.

--
Leon Fisk
Grand Rapids MI/Zone 5b