Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Ignoramus7319 Ignoramus7319 is offline

Default OT Political - Here's your CHANGE...Hope you like it.

On 2008-11-09, Wes wrote:
Ignoramus3975 wrote:

Whether ammo will go bad depends on how it is stored. I believe that
my ammo is fine since I store it in a dark, cool, dry place. I have
too much, but not to the point of selling. (a few k rounds)

http://www.geocities.com/CapitolHill...ami_pw.htm#det

That is a link on the signs of deteriorating smokeless gun powder.

I have some 1938 stuff for a straight pull that I've been working up the courage to try. I
may end up just pulling it down and reloading it before firing. I think I have the dies,
may need a new collet for my bullet pulling tool. If only those cases didn't have a
swastica head stamp. Outside of remembering history so it isn't repeated, that symbol and
what it stands for should be relegated to the dust bin of history.

I would keep them as historical artifacts, personally.

http://world.guns.ru/rifle/rfl18-e.htm

I recently sold a bayonet for this rifle.
posting on Usenet.
http://improve-usenet.org/