Posted to sci.electronics.repair
MP MP is offline

Default GE 26920 Cordless Phone - Battery Does not charge

On Nov 9, 4:22*pm, "William Sommerwerck"
wrote:
You didn't say whether there was voltage on the charging pins. You should
start by tracing backward from the pins.

Also, it is not normal for a properly-specified resistor to be blackened (or
even darkened) by heat. This resistor should be replaced by one of the
correct value and wattage rating.

I realize English is not your first language, so I wanted to note that
plurals do not have apostrophes. For example, pins, not pin's.

Hi,

1. There is about 8V at the charging pins (not pin's) of the base
unit.
I have googled a ton of websites and one of them mention that
this voltage at the base unit should be varying from 4V to 8V and when
the handset is placed with battery connected, it should drop and
stabilize at about 3.6v. In my case, the voltage is fixed at about
8V and does not vary.

2. I too wanted to replace the resistor. But its badly blackened
with even the color coating layer cracked..... I do not have the
schematic so I don't know what should be the value of the resistor.
Any tips ?