Posted to comp.sys.acorn.hardware,uk.d-i-y

Default VGA connections

In article ,
BigWallop wrote:
They look the same to me, except the first one doesn't include the
extra data pins for examining the monitor.

As druck says, VGA is the electrical connection. The only difference
between VGA ans SVGA is signal timing.

B.

What a load of pedantic buggers there are in here. :-)

Well, that's the Acorn groups for you. But the true story is always
forthcoming from someone on them. ;-)

OK then. Dave, your splitter may need the extra ID connection to obtain
the correct resolution for your monitor. A simple lower resolution VGA
connection scheme may not be enough to allow the splitter to convert to
your monitor timing signal.

Does that satisfy everyone?

me chuckles quietly in the corner, waiting for the barrage of abuse :-)

I'm just curious why when you Google SVGA you get so many different
'definitive' pinouts.

But as it happens the problem was finger trouble on my part as so often.

--
*You sound reasonable......time to up my medication

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.