Posted to alt.home.repair

Default HVAC choice opinions

"Dick Keats" wrote in message
Need advice re HVAC equipment for a 2156 sq. ft. retirement home which
will be built on 19 acres 25 minutes South of downtown Dallas, TX.
Natural gas not available. We will be getting a 500 gallon propane tank
for two Rinnai water heaters,propane gas cooktop and furnace.
Question is whether we should be looking into a heat pump or just propane.
Many thanks in advance.
Dick

Of course every building and site are unique, but I would at least explore
the options for solar water heat and heat pumps. There may be some
significant utility rebates or tax credits for alternative energy sources
which will make them attractive. With the amount of acreage that you have
you might want to look into solar electric as well or perhaps let someone
else put solar electric there and you get free or low cost electricity.