Posted to comp.sys.acorn.hardware,uk.d-i-y
BigWallop[_2_] BigWallop[_2_] is offline

Default VGA connections

"druck" wrote in message
On 8 Nov 2008 "BigWallop" wrote:

BigCobblers more like.

Have you tried using the SVGA pinout scheme to the splitter
http://www.dataip.co.uk/Reference/SVGAPinOut.php

These units are better supplied with SVGA signalling, than a VGA

signalling
method. The splitter will do the rest of the conversion for you.

You'll
notice that the pins connections are different from what you have now,

but
if you've ever tried connecting a VGA to SVGA you'll know what happens.

Try
the other way round and you get a signal.

Pull the SVGA one, it has bells on it.

There is no such thing as a SVGA cable, signal levels or pin outs, VGA
is the electrical standard. SVGA is denotation of resolution and
colour depth.

---druck

WOW !!! I thought there was a difference. According to this link
http://pinouts.ru/Video/VGA15_pinout.shtml the VGA connections are not
similar to the connections in the linked page above.

Or is this just because it's a different manufacturer? I didn't think they
could that with these types of leads.