Posted to uk.d-i-y
Kevin Poole[_6_] Kevin Poole[_6_] is offline

Default Boiler pressure sensor

Doctor Drivel wrote:

"Kevin Poole" wrote in message

To conclude the tale:

snip

The tip of the old pressure sensor was covered in rusty gunge, and I
suppose a through clean may have unblocked its most intimate passages,
but
with a new one to hand, I just fitted it. All is now well.

Was it the gunge causing the problem?

I don't particularly want to disturb the boiler again to make certain,
but I strongly suspect so. At first, I thought the old sensor might be
of slightly different construction to the new, with some sort of
deliberate constriction at the "wet" end, perhaps to dampen
fluctuations, but then I dropped it and a plug of rusty gunge fell out.
So I guess we may have wasted 33 quid.

The Glow-worm 30cxi condensing combi is a good boiler.

We've been pleased enough till now. Easier to fit than the Buderus I
was recently involved with, and the Buderus needed three warranty calls
in the first 4 months.

If this
combis has the weather compensation option, have it connected. They
really perform well.

I don't think it has, and in the totality of circumstances of its use, I
don't think I could justify the cost.

--
Kevin Poole
****Use current date to reply (e.g. )****