Posted to alt.home.repair
SteveBell SteveBell is offline

Default Insulation in a Condo

wrote:

Adding to the lack of info, what is meant by a couple walls infiltrate
cold air? Does that mean that air is actually blowing in somehow?
Without defining the problem, what insulation is already there, etc,
impossible to answer. Also, Steve's comments about who owns and deals
with various parts of a condo structure are on point. In the condo's
I've been involved with, insulation in exterior walls has always been
the responsibility of the association, not the unit owner, because the
unit owner's responsibility ends at the interior wall boundary.

An pertinent story:
My boss long ago was remodelling his attic to make a bedroom for his
daughter. He got all the interior work done, then started on the roof
opening for a dormer window. That's when the condo association showed
up and told him that he didn't own the attic. Everything had to be
ripped out. Moral: If you own a condo, check with the association
before you do anything. And I do mean anything. Some of them have rules
about what you can do to the _inside_ of your dwelling (the part you
own).

--
Steve Bell
New Life Home Improvement