Posted to alt.home.repair
RBM[_2_] RBM[_2_] is offline

Default New breaker box?

"RedDwarf" wrote in message
Hi folks,

I bought a home a year ago that was built in 66. I've since added 2
new circuits to the breaker box. I've noticed that at the top of the
box it says "amperes 150". The box's circuits total almost 210amps. is
the label of 150 amperes the max it's allowed? Am I over? Do I need a
new box? It was over 150 before I added the 2 20 amp circuits. I am
probably answering my own question...

do i run a fire risk leaving it like this, if it is over?

Assuming that the "150 amperes" was referring to a single, main circuit
breaker, it's perfectly safe. If it's referring to the panel rating, and
there are multiple main disconnects in the box, you may have an issue