Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Insulation in a Condo

On Nov 7, 10:13*pm, "Ed Pawlowski" wrote:
"Paddy Waggin" wrote in message

Is there any way to insulate existing walls in a 2nd floor condo?

Yes.

Just a couple walls infiltrate cold air during winter... Being on the
2nd flr, can I dump foam or any insulation down my walls to help my heat
bill?

No, there will be fire stops in the walls

And, also... how bout high ceilings? Can they be more insulated?

Yes

Not

easy to get to.... I called a few co's and was told, "it would be very
dusty to blow in stuff"...

True? Anyone have alternative sources to put in place? * :-) * *TIA.

Depends on construction. Your question is too generic to give a good answer.

Adding to the lack of info, what is meant by a couple walls infiltrate
cold air? Does that mean that air is actually blowing in somehow?
Without defining the problem, what insulation is already there, etc,
impossible to answer. Also, Steve's comments about who owns and deals
with various parts of a condo structure are on point. In the condo's
I've been involved with, insulation in exterior walls has always been
the responsibility of the association, not the unit owner, because the
unit owner's responsibility ends at the interior wall boundary.