Posted to uk.d-i-y
geoff geoff is offline

Default chaffoteaux MX2 30FF no flame detection?

In message , Paul
writes

"geoff" wrote in message
In message , Paul
writes

does the pcb have a separate HT and flame sense lead ?

Yes

The sooty deposit will be because of electrostatic attraction around the
HT - it's a red herring

Ah ok

Q1 has any wiring been changed recently which would lead to the
possibility of live and neutral being arse about face

Nothing been touched at all, bolier been working fine for the past four
years

Q2 do you have bad earthing

Not That i am aware of, not touched any wiring recently

Q3 is the sense electrode (if its not the same as the ign electrode) in
the flame

Will check on that, touch wood the boiler has worked ok since.

Q4 If the HT lead is used for flame sensing, is it intact ? The fact that
it will conduct a high voltage spark doesn't mean that it will conduct the
small flame sensing current

will check continuity and resistance of both.

Q5 do you have a chair to sit down on when they tell you the price of a
new pcb?

Hopefully be ok on that, we pay a little extra on the house insurance to
cover boiler breakdowns, we are covered for two hours labour and £100 + vat
in parts, your going to tell me the boards £200 quid now. was hoping the
boiler would pack up altogether before we called the insurance in,

I'm sure that can be arranged ...

i know
how hard finding intermitant faults is.

Paul.