Posted to uk.d-i-y
Doctor Drivel[_2_] Doctor Drivel[_2_] is offline

Default Imagine

wrote in message
On Nov 8, 1:15 pm, Grimly Curmudgeon
drugs began to take hold. I remember saying something
like:

It was the very bottom end though, market stall tat

Really? In that case the decent-quality Makita drills I was using on
the
job ~35 years ago must be a figment of my imagination, then.

They most certainly weren't cheap tat.

Most of us are aware that generalisations are only generalisations

Except when they are misleading ********, of course.

are you saying there wasnt loads of jap made tat on the market in the
70s?

The 60s yes, by the 70s they had turned the corner. Any tat was minimal.