Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Soldering Iron for Computer Cables

In article gesjka$ic3$1@qmul,
"whisky-dave" writes:
I work in a university electronics lab where the students need to solder,
an experienced solderer can adapt, it takes longer to heat the joint up so
you need
to be more patient. we also found that our Antex 18W irons just weren't up
it so we started replacing them with the 25W versions, I think this is

All I can say is I'm _really_ pleased my University went to the
expense of proper temperature controlled irons (Weller TCP's),
or I might not have found out how much nicer a professional iron
is to use than those cheap irons, and might not have then bought
a Weller TCP for myself.

--
Andrew Gabriel