Fred the Red Shirt

Default HUMOR: Getting even at Home Depot

Kevin Craig wrote in message ...

I also work in a prison, and I've seen the absurdity of ADA in action.
We have second floor housing units, totally inacessible by wheelchair
(stairs only, no elevators). Yet, to comply with ADA, *every* drinking
fountain on the second floor was replaced with a wheelchair-accessible
version. *Every* second-floor housing unit had wheelchair-accessible
showers and toilets installed, at great expense to the taxpayers.

This is astonishing given the lawsuit I read bout not too long ago.
A legless inmate who was literally crawling around the prison on
bloody stumps was suing to try to force the prison to obey the
court order from a previous lawsuit and allow him to use a wheel-
chair or prosthetic limbs (which might have been made from wood.)

The wardon had refused to obey the court order arguing that the
wheelchair or limbs might be used to hide contraband.

It seemed to me that there was at least one warden on the wrong side
of the bars.

--

FF