Posted to free.uk.diy.home,alt.home.repair,misc.consumers.frugal-living,uk.d-i-y
ransley ransley is offline

Default black mould washing machine door seal

On Nov 8, 9:09*am, (Andrew Gabriel) wrote:
In article ,
* * * * ransley writes:

*Now dont you just think a clothes washer where you use bleach to
wash, as a normal everyday additive, would have been thought about by
the manufacturer.

Yes, which is why manufacturers have warned against using bleach
in washing machines for decades. It's brilliant for giving you
fractured plastic parts.

Bleach used in washing detergents (in Europe) isn't chlorine based.

(Note, I'm answering for UK/Europe as two of the newsgroups the OP
included are uk-based. Soap powders used in the US are completely
different from the washing detergents used in Europe, and machines
have completely different washing cycles for the two products.)

--
Andrew Gabriel

And here no laundrymat says dont use the bleach we sell here. Gee my
machine tells me how much bleach to use, and just when to add it, ON
THE DOOR of the washer. And there aint no warning, and there have been
no problems. These things are designed to be used, not worried about.
It would be like saying if you have dirty stained clothes dont buy
this machine, buy that one.