Posted to free.uk.diy.home,alt.home.repair,misc.consumers.frugal-living,uk.d-i-y
ransley ransley is offline

Default black mould washing machine door seal

On Nov 8, 7:16*am, (Andrew Gabriel) wrote:
In article ,
* * * * 1 writes:

john d hamilton wrote:
we have got a ten year old AEG washing machine, and black mould seems to
have penetrated into the light grey rubbery-plastic door seal. * Is there
any good way of removing this black stain please? * *Thanks.

soap and water.

mild chlorine solution.

Don't use chlorine (bleach) if the washing machine has a GRP
(glass reinforced resin/plastic) outer drum, as it will make
it brittle and liable to crack. (Or at least, keep it well
clear of the plastic.)

Don't know what AEG parts cost, but spare parts like the
door seal are very cheap for Hotpoint machines, and I would
consider replacing it.

--
Andrew Gabriel

Now dont you just think a clothes washer where you use bleach to
wash, as a normal everyday additive, would have been thought about by
the manufacturer.

Use bleach, keep door open when not in use.