Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Jim Wilkins Jim Wilkins is offline

Default Strange fish-scale plastic needed

On Nov 8, 4:11*am, _
wrote:
On Sat, 8 Nov 2008 01:52:07 -0500, Buerste wrote:
...You could slide the block one way on the gauze and the
fish scales would grab the gauze and move it along the table. *When you
slide the block the other way, the fish scales wouldn't grab and the block
would just slide across the gauze.

Kind of a one-way clutch for gauze. *I heard rumor that 3M made something
like this but can't find it. *Any experience or ideas?

My mom's cross-country skis had sealskin strips for going up hill.

No-wax X-C skis have surfaces somewhat like this, but the scales are
solid like a ratchet.