Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Gunner[_2_] Gunner[_2_] is offline

Default Loony Maroon...

On Wed, 5 Nov 2008 04:40:04 -0800 (PST), wrote:

Odd though that the economy of the US is claimed to be destroyed. I
see little sign of it.

as your not engaged in the workforce like the rest of us, but struggle
in poverty, how could it affect you? Oh, and if you choose to live in
poverty, thats OK. Some of us have more engagement with society.

Sigh......

A waste of time, I know. But I persist out of sheer pig-headedness,
and frustration.

Andrew VK3BFA.

Andy? Unemployment is 7%

Care to tell me what the average unemployment rate in Europe is?
Say...how about Germany?

93 of every 100 persons are STILL WORKING

Average unemployment in the US is about 3%....97 out of every 100
persons working.

4 out of 100 lost their jobs.

And you call THAT destroyed?

The highest unemployment rate in 15 yrs....gee...what happened 15 yrs
ago? We wuz destroyed?????

During the Great Depression in the 1930s....unemployment was about 35%

35 out of 100 not working.

and yet you blither about 7 out of 100 and the country is destroyed.

Fascinating

Btw...I work each and every week. This week I put in 35 hours.

at $75 hr, plus travel plus milage.

Some weeks are up, others are down, some weeks I put in 60+ hours,
other weeks I put in 5. Self employed in the service industry is
feast or famine, even in the "good years"

Poverty? How can I be poor? 3 boats, 3 motorcycles, the house is
paid for, a machine shop even commercial shops are impressed with,
more welding equipment than you can shake a stick at, a reloading
shop, woodworking shop, 2 trucks and 3 trailers in the fleet, a car
and a van and a motorhome for play time, "several" firearms,sporting
goods like skis and rollerblades and hiking and camping equipment,
pets and friends who like and even some who love me. I can still look
down and see my belt buckle and my boots....and its ALL paid for. And
the pantry is stocked for 6 months.

How can I be poor? Cash strapped is not always a definition of "poor"

Gunner, with Woodie the dog sleeping across his feet...who doesnt feel
poor.