Fred McClellan

Default Clear Protective Finish

On Wed, 17 Sep 2003 10:20:27 -0400, Alan McClure
wrote:
SNIP

I assumed that I was just trying to pull your chain.
Actually, my wife's place of employment overlooks a building
that you could fly your model plane in without any trouble. A
co-worker of mine used to test parachutes inside it.

Ah.

Well, it's a nutty hobby and not many 'outsiders' have much of a clue
about all the various types of models being flown these days.

The "Geezer Event" is indoor rubber powered models, and those guys are
nothing short of amazing when it comes to building light and getting
an obscene amount of flight time on a single wind.

Don't care for that discipline myself, though. I build giant gassers;
my smallest model has a wingspan of 96" and it needs several hundred
feet to complete a U turn at full throttle.

I could fly it in a large building, but all I'd do is fly itty bitty
circles. Boring, boring, _boring_ !
Cheers,
Fred McClellan
the dash plumber at mindspring dot com